Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Testimony - Wanitha


Things are very different since Unni's passing. It is never easy losing a spouse . . . even more so when he is your closest friend and you've been through thick and thin in your 20 years of marriage. I don't understand why God took Unni away but I feel peace in my heart, assured that he is with God. I know that God has His own plans and we should trust Him with all our hearts. He did not promise us a life free of trouble but His eternal promise is to be with us always.

Unni and I went through a few very challenging times, the biggest being his fight with cancer. We had a difficult time - both of us in different ways. There were times when we questioned God but what kept our faith burning was our focus on the endless small blessings that were showered upon us that made riding this wave of pain and hurt more bearable. There were too many blessings to count and even now they are still coming from strangers, friends and family. Such love and blessings kept us strong in the face of adversity. Praise God and Jesus Christ our Lord!

We need to trust His will and believe that He knows what is good for us. I believe that if we trust His will then all things will fall in place and we will endlessly be showered with His grace and mercy. When you are troubled, take your eyes away from what is overwhelming you and focus daily on God's goodness and watch Him work miracles in your life. Give thanks to the Lord always even before you receive your miracles.
I thank the Lord for blessing upon me and my family. I also wish to thank Pastor Gan, Pastor Bee Ling and my friends in Amazing Grace Church.

WANITHA

No comments:

Post a Comment